It is widely recognized that no factor under school control impacts student achievement and growth more than an effective teacher in the classroom.
Coaching Focus: Bailey’s teacher coaches customize support for teachers through individualized professional growth plans. Coaches work with teachers to build capacity and produce positive results with a focus on teacher performance standards and areas of need.
- Formative and Summative Assessment
- Data Driven Decision Making and Differentiated Instruction
- Pacing and Curriculum Alignment for College and Career-Ready Standards
- Lesson Planning and Instructional Delivery
- 21st Century Technology Integration in the Classroom
- Reading and Writing Across Content Areas
- ELA and Math Performance Tasks and Scoring Rubrics
- Student Engagement and Motivation
- Higher Order Questioning and Problem Solving
- Extended Learning Time and Differentiated Learning for the Lowest 25% of Students
- Classroom Environment and Behavior Management
Service Delivery: Bailey’s teacher coaches will support teaching and learning by serving/working as a classroom supporter, resource provider, assessment and data coach, and curriculum and instructional specialist. Service delivery will include training, coaching, modeling, co-teaching, consultation, and technical assistance. Coaches will debrief with principal or designee and submit a detailed work report for each day of coaching.