Response to Intervention (RtI)
Today’s classrooms are often filled with struggling learners who need assistance in accelerating their rate of learning. Response to Intervention (RtI) is a multi-tier approach to the early identification and support of students with learning and behavior needs. RtI involves identifying the underlying reasons for the student’s difficulties (learning and/or behavioral) and providing appropriate levels of support through intervention and instruction. RtI allows for rapid response and timely intervention so that students receive the help they need when they need it.
Coaching Focus: Bailey’s Special Education specialist will work with teachers to:
- Understand the RtI Process.
- Understand the importance of planning and preparing for effective instruction.
- Create a well-integrated system of instruction and intervention guided by child outcome data.
- Gain a deeper understanding of identifying students at risk and implementing an appropriate response for these students.
- Ensure systems of instructional support for students are implemented with fidelity.
Service Delivery: Training, coaching, modeling, and consultation.