Quality educational leadership is important to the overall success of an individual school or school system. Strong Principals are critical to high-performing schools as they help to champion school reforms, and serve as motivators to teachers and students. Equally important is the development of Assistant Principals, or next generation leaders, who need to be prepared to step into critical leadership roles in schools when called upon.
Leadership Development for Principals and Assistant Principals
Coaching Focus: Bailey’s leadership coaches will customize and support principals and assistant principals through individualized professional growth plans. Coaches will work with principals to build capacity and produce positive results with a focus on the following areas:
- Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Ethics and Professional Norms
- Equity and Cultural Responsiveness
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Community of Care and Support for Teachers
- Professional Capacity of School Personnel
- Professional Community for Teachers and Staff
- Meaningful Engagement of Families and Community
- Operations and Management
- School Improvement
Service Delivery: Bailey’s leadership coaches will support principals and assistant principals by serving/working as a building level mentor, resource provider, assessment and data coach, and curriculum and instructional specialist. Service delivery will include training, coaching, modeling, consultation, and technical assistance. Coaches will debrief with designated district office staff and submit a detailed work report for each day of coaching.