Assessment and Data
Educators know that student data provides the transparency needed to inform teaching and learning in the classroom. Data driven decision making is critical to improving teaching and learning through goal setting, differentiated instruction, program evaluation, and school improvement.
Coaching Focus: Bailey’s data coaches will work with teachers and administrators to build capacity and produce positive results with a focus on state or district teacher and principal performance standards and the goal performance areas below.
- Access, Analyze, and Interpret all Available Data
- Identify Curricular and Instructional Strengths and Areas of Concern
- Establish Individual Student and Classroom Goals
- Develop and Implement Comprehensive Data and Differentiated Plans
- Collect and Organize Data from Assessments to Provide Feedback to Students and Adjust Lessons and Instruction as Necessary
- Incorporate Assessments into Instructional Planning that Demonstrates High Expectations for All Students
- Organize for Extended Learning Time and Differentiated Learning for the Lowest 25% of Students
- Improve Data Driven Decision Making
- Utilize Formative and Summative Assessments to Maximize Teaching and Learning.
Service Delivery: Bailey’s data coaches will support teachers and administrators by serving/working as a school supporter, resource provider, assessment and data coach, and curriculum and instructional specialist. Service delivery will include training, coaching, modeling, consultation, and technical assistance. Coaches will debrief with the principal or designee and submit a detailed work report for each day of coaching.